Bridgwater's Blake Museum
|Telephone: 01278 456127
||How to find us - map
The museum is now closed for essential maintenance work.
We will , however, be open for research and other enquiries. Please note that these will only be dealt with on a Monday or Thursday.
Please phone or email your enquiry.
The museum reopens on Tuesday 29th March 2016
The Blake Museum Bridgwater is established:
- to rescue from loss and destruction the relics of our ancestors;
- to collect, preserve, conserve and to show relics of history relating (principally but not exclusively) to Bridgwater and its immediate surroundings;
- to show visitors that Bridgwater is not indifferent to its own history;
- to interest visitors in what has happened in Bridgwater since it was granted its first Royal Charter in the reign of King John;
- to give the townspeople of Bridgwater pride in their past;
- to reveal that great events have taken place within the town and adjacent areas and set them in the context of the history of England;
- to honour the lives of great men and women who have lived or been associated with the town, and, in particular but not exclusively, Robert Blake.
13 January 2015
© 2015 Blake Museum
All text and images are subject to copyright. Privacy: First-hand Cookies are neither requested nor generated by this site.
Website maintained by Bridgwater Museum webservices