Bridgwater's Blake Museum
The Bridgwater Historical Tapestry may still be seen here
6Mb Quicktime movie
Telephone: 01278 456127
How to find us -
Open 10am to 4pm. Last entry 3 pm. Open Tuesday - Saturday inclusive.
The Blake Museum Bridgwater is established:
- to rescue from loss and destruction the relics of our ancestors;
- to collect, preserve, conserve and to show relics of history relating (principally but not exclusively) to Bridgwater and its immediate surroundings;
- to show visitors that Bridgwater is not indifferent to its own history;
- to interest visitors in what has happened in Bridgwater since it was granted its first Royal Charter in the reign of King John;
- to give the townspeople of Bridgwater pride in their past;
- to reveal that great events have taken place within the town and adjacent areas and set them in the context of the history of England;
- to honour the lives of great men and women who have lived or been associated with the town, and, in particular but not exclusively, Robert Blake.
18 September 2014
2014 Blake Museum
All text and images are subject to copyright. Privacy: First-hand Cookies are neither requested nor generated by this site.
Website maintained by Bridgwater Museum webservices